Please visit www.apapets.org for
Why use an APA Approved business?
Two problems plaguing pet owners have been how to choose a pet service
provider, and how do they truly know their pet is treated well in the care of
The APA is finally offering a solution.
The APA Approval process is a unique, extremely effective look at a
business's humane treatment of the pets in its care and the ethics and
reliability of that business. Because the approval is ongoing, it is up to
date and can be relied upon by consumers. Changes to the status can be seen
daily at this web site.
Consumer Feedback System:
Although physical visits to the facility are important, daily feedback is the
backbone of this program. The problem with most (or all) feedback systems
(Google, eBay, etc.) is that they are not monitored and therefore, exaggerated,
retaliatory or misleading feedback can cost a business their reputation.
Our reputation is at stake. APA Feedback is monitored and
serious negative feedback is investigated, reasonable negative feedback is
considered and unsubstantiated or inflammatory negative feedback is
ignored. Of course positive and neutral feedback is given it's proper
consideration as well.
Pet owners are extremely willing to provide constant, detailed feedback on
their interactions with a pet business. We get a surprising amount of positive
feedback, but also other feedback that requires either the business owners
attention, or, in rare severe cases, out interaction.
- All Feedback is confidential. Your personal information is never
disclosed to the business!
- Every feedback form is reviewed by an APA staff member.
- A report, including just the feedback, is given to the business owner
each month so that they can address complaints and better their service.
- Minor complaints are left to be handled by the Business Owner
- Serious complaints, and all humane complaints, are investigated by the
APA and can result in Approval revocation or reporting to local authorities.
- APA can provide mediation in serious complaints regarding business
A detailed physical annual inspection, then background and reference check
followed up with daily feedback gives us the confidence to approve a business as
suited for you and your pet.
So look for the APA Approved logo in your local businesses today. If you
would like to recommend a business for approval, please let us know
The "5 Stars" of Approval
- Humane Treatment of pets and people
- Business Ethics
- References and ongoing consumer feedback
- Annual Inspection of the facility
- Safety and Cleanliness of the Facility
After 1 year facilities may receive "Silver" or "Gold" 5 Star Approval
Status, at no additional charge, based on outstanding features of a business.